About Lambeth Sounds
Lambeth Sounds is a hub of music organisations that aims to provide a holistic, outstanding and inspirational music education for children and young people in Lambeth. Read more about our mission here
Lambeth Sounds is led by Lambeth Music Service and supported and guided by the Lambeth Sounds Strategy Board.
Lambeth Sounds Partners support delivery of the Arts Council England Core Roles and Lambeth Sounds Strategic Priorities 2021
5 headlines of the impact of Lambeth Sounds Hub partners in 2019/20
- Lambeth Sounds Music Hub provided 8267 children in Lambeth with the opportunity to sing and play an instrument through whole class ensemble teaching (WCET) and instrumental and vocal tuition.
- Lambeth Sounds Music Hub provided 75 regular weekly area ensembles.
- Lambeth Sounds Music Hub provided musical opportunities to 71 Lambeth schools and offered training to 74 primary school teachers.
- Lambeth Sounds Music Hub partnered with over 60 other organisations including the music industry, charities, festivals, arts centres, music venues, universities and conservatoires.
- While schools were closed, Lambeth Sounds Music Hub engaged 1405 children and young people with regular online lessons, produced 395 resources for home learning and provided a range of online live streamed and pre-recorded events.