About Lambeth Sounds
Lambeth Sounds is a hub of music organisations that aims to provide a holistic, outstanding and inspirational music education for ALL Lambeth residents. Read more about our mission here
Lambeth Sounds is led by Lambeth Music Service.
Lambeth Sounds partners collaborate to support the Goals and Priorities 2018-20 of the hub.
5 headlines of the impact of Lambeth Sounds Hub partners in 2018/19
- Lambeth Sounds hub partners provided 2,158 children in Lambeth with free whole class ensemble teaching (WCET) while
460 children and young people received instrumental or singing lessons in individual, small or large groups outside of the classroom.
- Lambeth Sounds partners ran 95 different ensembles and choirs with 805 children and young people.
- It’s not just about playing and individual performance. Lambeth Sounds partners also engaged with 1,175 children and young people from 23 schools through projects, performances, ticket offers and other activities.
- Lambeth Sounds partners have partnered with over 50 organisations outside of Lambeth Sounds to deliver music opportunities to children and young people. These represent a wide engagement with musical activity in the UK with organisations from the music industry to charities, festivals, Arts centres and music venues plus learning and development with universities and conservatoires.
- It didn’t all stop in the holidays either as 325 young people and children attended holiday clubs run by 6 different hub partners!